If you’re not familiar with ductless mini split systems, now’s the time to read about the benefits of these “mini marvels.” Don’t be fooled by the fact that “mini” is in the name.
These “small” systems produce big results when it comes to heating and cooling your Riverdale, GA home.
A mini split is a type of heat pump that is also a ductless AC system. They’re ideal for new homes that lack ductwork or older homes where the ducts are problematic and outdated. There are so many benefits to mini split systems. Let’s go over those now so you’ll be an informed consumer when it’s time to make a decision.
How Is a Ductless Mini Split Different From a Central AC?
A ductless mini split is different from a traditional, central air conditioner. First, it’s a heat pump. That means it relies on electricity and refrigerant and doesn’t utilize any fossil fuels. It works by “pumping” heat from the inside to the outside (when it’s in cooling mode) and pumping heat from the outside to the inside (when it’s in heating mode).
Mini splits utilize multiple wall-mounted indoor air handlers that are placed around your home. This is different from a central AC that uses a single unit that sends conditioned air through a duct network. Part of the installation process includes an outdoor unit that’s similar to the kind you’d get with a standard central air conditioner.
What Are the Benefits of Ductless Mini Splits?
There are many advantages to this type of heating and cooling system:
- Flexible installations that can work for homes without existing ductwork.
- They’re great for replacing inefficient window air conditioners that are also eyesores.
- Excellent for providing comfort to parts of the home that are difficult to heat or cool such as an addition to your home or a garage.
- They’re highly energy efficient because they don’t lose conditioned air because of problematic ductwork and rely on electricity rather than fossil fuels.
- They provide amazing zone control because you can turn on the heat or cold air for one air handler at a time rather than heating or cooling the entire home
- They improve your indoor air quality (IAQ) because the conditioned air isn’t being blown through dirty, dusty, and lint-clogged ducts.
- They use less energy compared to a central AC and when you add the ability to heat or cool one room at a time, your energy use will go down even more.
- Using less energy means lower energy bills.
- Replacing two systems with one ductless mini split means you’ll save money on system installations.
Do you have more questions about whether ductless AC is right for your home? At Premier Heating & Air, we’re proud to install Daikin ductless HVAC products, which are some of the finest available. As with all our installations, we offer a one-year guarantee: if you aren’t happy within a year, we’ll replace the unit at no cost.
Experience the Premier Difference! Premier Heating & Air has been family-owned and operated since 2001.